Hundreds turn out for pre-Easter auctions

first_imgThe Hamptons style kitchen has a butler’s pantry and can be accessed directly from the garage.The winning bidders were a local family with three young children who were on holiday interstate and bidding by phone.Also in Saturday auction results, Place Sunnybank sold 12 Alfred Circuit Calamvale under the hammer for $870,000 with eight registered bidders and a crowd of around 90 people attending.While luxury car dealer Brad Emmerson’s five-bedroom property at 11 Eblin Drive, Hamilton is still on the market after being passed-in at auction. Ray White Sherwood-Graceville took 51 Brisbane Corso, Fairfield to auction with more than 40 people standing around this pool to see it sell under the hammer on Saturday.The property had been fully renovated by Queensland construction baron Bob Beech, who bought the flood-affected house in 2012. >>>FOLLOW THE COURIER-MAIL REAL ESTATE TEAM ON FACEBOOK<<< The brand new house at 31 Agincourt St, Grange that sold at auction on Saturday.Eight local families led an emotional non-stop 40-minute auction, which started with an opening bid of $1 million.The five-bedroom property on 607sq m reached its $1.79 million reserve, at which point two bidders dug in, offering $500 rises all the way to the winning bid of $1,820,500. The property was bought by developers in May last year for $705,000 and this new house was built.“It was quite emotional for the under bidders,” Ray White Wilston principal Alistair Macmillan said.“They loved the house, there was a lot of emotional attachment with the bidders and the auction took every bit of 40 minutes.” Saturday’s auctions included 51 Brisbane Corso, Fairfield, where the house and this view sold for $3.15 million.TWO hundred people saw a new suburb record set in Brisbane’s north while on the river, a renovated waterfront home sold under the hammer for $3.15 million, in a pre-Easter auction surge on the weekend.Of the 69 properties that went to auction across the city, 51 Brisbane Corso, Fairfield, was among the prestige offerings.center_img After knocking out a counter bid, the auction was paused at $2.9 million with Ms Shields, representing a family of five from Brisbane’s western suburbs, in the lead.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus13 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market13 hours agoAlmost 20 minutes later, Mr Parker returned with a gavel in hand to announce that Ms Shields had increased the bid to $3.15 million, and the house was on the market. No further bids were received and the property sold.“I came in just below budget,” Ms Shields said.“You never know how things are going to go at an auction.” MORE REAL ESTATE STORIES There is a stunning view from the master bedroom that takes up the whole third level.The five bidders hoping to move in were young couples and families from outside Brisbane, Sydney, and within the city.With two reaches of the Brisbane River as a backdrop, and an audience of more than 40, Ray White auctioneer Phil Parker, himself a Brisbane Corso resident, opened the auction.Energetic bidding in $100,000 lots began almost immediately, with buyer’s agent Belinda Shields joining as an active bidder at $2.8 million.MORE: WOULD YOU SELL YOUR HOUSE AT AUCTION? CHECK OUT THE OPTIONS Less than an hour later in the inner-northern suburb of Grange, a crowd of 200 saw the newly built 31 Agincourt St set a new suburb record for a property under 800sq m.last_img read more

Sherwood seeks clarity over future

first_img Former Tottenham and England boss Glenn Hoddle is second favourite among bookmakers for the post – behind Sherwood – and confirmed his interest in the job before the match, while Frank de Boer and Louis van Gaal continue to be mentioned as potential appointments. “Whoever takes this job is in a good position,” Sherwood said. “Andre has left the club in a good state, to be honest. There’s nothing wrong with the job he’s done. “If you look at the league table, we’re right up there. We’re also in the European competition next stage. “You can’t knock what he has done at the club, but it is just up to someone now to take it on and hopefully take it onto the next step.” If Sherwood ends up only being at the helm for a short period, whoever comes in will be thanking him for rejuvenating Adebayor. Having been cast aside by Villas-Boas, the Togo striker has scored three goals in two starts under the interim manager and was superb throughout at St Mary’s. “Listen, we all know Adebayor, we all know he’s a top player,” Sherwood said. “He doesn’t need any motivating to go and play now because he’s not played for a long time. He’s a top player and is certainly warranting his place in the team at the moment. “I’ve not said anything to him. Nothing. It’s down to him. “I’ve not had to gee him up. All I’ve said is: ‘There you go Ade, you are going to play and I want you to attack. I want the defenders to defend and the midfielders to play in midfield. Go out there, crack on and do what you do.’ It’s a simple game. “That’s how I’ve always viewed it; it’s about getting the ball to your top players in the right areas of the field. That’s what the players did with us.” The victory stops the rot at Spurs, but continues Southampton’s frustrating recent form. Saints, who took the lead through Adam Lallana and made it 2-2 through Rickie Lambert, have now gone six matches with a win – hardly the best preparation for trips to Cardiff and Everton. “It was very frustrating, we are very angry about the result,” said manager Mauricio Pochettino, who has been linked with the vacant Spurs post. “We actually dressed up as Santa Claus today and gifted them so many goals and so many chances. “We started off quite well in the first half, we got the 1-0 and we were very close to getting the 2-0 but then when we conceded the equaliser it was very hard to get back in the game, especially in the second half it was very tough.” The Portuguese was sacked less than 24 hours after last weekend’s 5-0 humiliation at the hands of Liverpool, with head of football development Sherwood handed temporary control. Sherwood’s first match at the helm resulted in a Capital One Cup exit to West Ham, but on Sunday he oversaw his first victory with an attack-minded display at Southampton. Tim Sherwood is hoping for talks with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy on Monday to find out whether he will stay on as Andre Villas-Boas’ successor. Emmanuel Adebayor netted either side of a Jos Hooiveld own goal as Spurs ran out 3-2 victors, resulting in bookmakers immediately shortening odds on the former midfielder being handed the reins on a permanent basis. The win will certainly not do those chances any harm and Sherwood hopes to take control of the Boxing Day clash with West Brom with a clearer idea on his future. Asked what happens next for him, Sherwood said: “Ideal for me is to have a chat with the chairman and see what’s best for the football club moving forward. “I need to know what they’re thinking moving forwards. I don’t want this job for five minutes. That’s no interest to me. “It is either are we going to move it forward or not? That’s where we are. “There are some great candidates out there for this job. It’s a massive club with history and tradition. “It is fantastic, a great honour to represent them, but it needs to be right for me and, first and foremost, right for the football club. “I need to talk to the chairman and see what he’s got planned. I’ll see him tomorrow because I’m in at the training ground. I’m sure it won’t be before that.” Press Associationlast_img read more

Ashley: No sale until we win trophy

first_img Press Association Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has said he will not sell the club until they win a trophy or qualify for the Champions League. He told Sky Sports: “I will continue my policy of investing in the football club. “I shan’t be selling the club until we win something. Not at any price. When I say win something, if we get in a position of Champions League that equals winning something.” The Magpies’ run of one draw and nine defeats in their last 10 games has prompted a concerted backlash from fans, some of whom have boycotted home games in protest at the way the club is being run by Ashley. The ‘Ashley Out’ group called on supporters to occupy St James’ Park after the final whistle of the match against West Ham – regardless of what happened on the pitch. However, the owner insisted things were not as negative around the club. Ashley said: ” The only positive we’ve got is the club is on a very sound financial footing, so we are able to spend and punch above our weight with the financial situation the club finds itself in. Ashley has been criticised for giving caretaker-manager John Carver the job for the remainder of the season, following the departure of Alan Pardew at the start of the year. On the next manager, the 50-year-old explained: “It is the job of (managing director) Lee Charnley and the football board to make football decisions, as it was with (former managing director) Derek Llambias picking Alan Pardew. “I will not be picking the next manager. My job is to make sure they have the maximum amount of financial resources and it is their job to get the best pound-for-pound value out of those resources. “But to make it categorically clear – I’m not going anywhere until we win something.” center_img The Sports Direct tycoon has often been criticised by sections of the Magpies support for putting profit ahead of on-pitch performances, with the club going into their final Premier League match of the season facing the threat of relegation. But Ashley, who has rarely if ever spoken to the media on sporting matters, broke cover to pledge his determination to improve matters at St James’ Park. last_img read more

Watch: Diego Maradona retakes Gimnasia job after two days of retirement

first_imgImage Courtesy: Sky Sports/Tele 13Advertisement 2dNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs426wnWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E4s( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 2y6tWould you ever consider trying this?😱ggrkzCan your students do this? 🌚987naRoller skating! Powered by Firework Diego Maradona’s lengthy managerial career that started in 1994 was likely to end at his home country’s club Gimnasia de La Plata this year. A fallout with the club hierarchy regarding a presidency debate made the Argentina hall of fame to take the decision, but the supporters made him reconsider his post and in a span of just two days he returned to the dugout!Advertisement Image Courtesy: Sky Sports/Tele 13The 1998 FIFA World Cup winner, who took charge of Club de Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata in September 2019, announced the news on his Instagram, with a video of fans welcoming the Golden Boy back at the club with flags. Check out the clip below-Along with the video, the 59 year old stated in the caption that he was rejoiced to return to his post with El Lobo.“I am very happy to say that I am still the technical director of Gymnastics and Fencing La Plata. I want to thank the fans of the Wolf, and the players, because among all of us we finally got the political unity of the club. I hope they fulfill everything they promised me.Thank you for your messages, for the support, for yesterday’s mobilization, with 50 degrees of heat, and to the little boy who asked me “Ten, I came back!”. Come on Wolf, hold Gymnastics !!!”Gimnasia are presently positioned 22nd in the Superliga Argentina. Advertisementlast_img read more