Thank God I recovered, says Minister Budi Karya

first_imgTopics : “Thank God I’ve recovered. I’m quite grateful for the hospital and team of doctors who worked tirelessly to take care of me” said Budi said during a virtual press conference with the medical team of the hospital on Monday.Budi said the hospital had a top-notch medical team. “The doctors are so kind and have a good personal approach, and I think this can be a good example for other hospitals, ” he added.The deputy head of the hospital, Dr. Budi Sulistya, said the minister received treatment at the hospital from March 13 to March 31. “Thanks to the support of his family and the team of doctors, Pak Budi has recovered,” said Budi Sulistya.“As of today, he has been tested twice for COVID-19 and based on the recovery criteria; he is now free from COVID-19.  Pak Budi is under post-recovery treatment. With his current condition, he is able to work from home while under the monitoring and care of our doctors,” he said. The minister self-isolated for 14 days at his home after being discharged from the hospital at the end of March. On Monday, the minister, for the first time, took part in a Cabinet meeting following his COVID-19 treatment. Budi said he would return to his official duties on May 5.The government announced on March 14 that Budi, who has long suffered from asthma, had tested positive for COVID-19. Budi is the only Indonesian minister to have contracted COVID-19.During Budi’s treatment, Coordinating Maritime Affairs and Investment Minister Luhut Pandjaitan was appointed acting transportation minister.Before the announcement that Budi had tested positive for COVID-19, the minister had been absent from a number of events. Prior to that, he had been on a number of official  trips, including a visit to  Kertajati Airport in West Java and Luwu and Toraja in South Sulawesi. He was also active in the evacuation of Indonesian crew members from the virus-stricken cruise ship Diamond Princess on March 2.Dr. Ketty Herawati Sultana, 60, among doctors who treated Minister Budi when he was taken to Meistra Hospital in Jakarta in mid-March, died from COVID-19 on April 4. The minister was diagnosed as having typhoid fever when he was treated at the hospital. Dr. Ketty and several other medical personal contracted COVID-19 soon after treating him.The minister was then transferred to the army hospital for further treatment.center_img Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi has expressed his gratitude to the doctors and medical team at Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital in Jakarta for their hard work and dedication in helping him recover from COVID-19.Recalling his experience while receiving treatment at the hospital, Budi said if it was not for the medical team, he might have not survived.“At the Transportation Ministry,  seven people had tested positive for COVID-19 and we did not know where we got the virus from but I was the oldest at 63 years old,” he said in Jakarta on Monday, suggesting that his age made him more vulnerable to the disease.last_img read more

Felix the Cat Survives 45 Minutes in the Washing Machine

first_imgFelix the one year old cat is in animal emergency …he’s been through the ringer. He rode it out inside the high efficiency front loading washer…it was on express wash, (warm wash, cold rinse). But the 12 pound cat was in there for the full 45 minute cycle.Finally, when his owner opened the door and heard a meow. Felix is now on oxygen support in the ICU unit. He was initially blinded by the soap, water and lack of air…oh ya and the spin cycle.Felix is still in critical condition, and his medical bills are mounting. They have set up a GoFundMe page to help defray the bills.last_img

New sexual battery offenses reported near USC campus

first_imgFour new sexual battery offenses were reported to the USC Dept. of Public Safety this past week that are in line with a string of attacks that have occurred since late February in the immediate USC area.  In all instances, female victims were approached by a male or group of males and slapped on the buttocks.Three of the attacks are congruent with the Los Angeles Police Department’s main suspect: a lone male who approaches girls from behind — often while jogging — and slaps the victims’ buttocks.The first of the most recently reported incidents occurred at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Thursday night at the intersection of 29th Street and Vermont Avenue. The victim was jogging when a male suspect, also jogging, ran past her and turned around. He then slapped her buttocks, smiled and ran away.The second offense happened less than an hour later near the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house on West 28th Street. Two friends stopped to take a photo when one of the friends said she was slapped on the buttocks and saw two males flee afterward.The next two offenses occurred a few hours later, just after midnight on Friday morning.At 12:10 a.m., a victim was waiting for the traffic signal to turn green at the corner of 28th Street and Figueroa Street. She said a male suspect grabbed her buttocks, then quickly walked away.The most recent attack was just 25 minutes later, near the Galen Center on the 3400 Block of Figueroa Street. The victim was approached by a male suspect, who slapped her buttocks and then kept running.DPS Deputy Chief David Carlisle said there has been progress in the case over the last week. The two departments have been able to jointly identify a person of interest.“LAPD has developed some leads, and there was a person of interest identified and they are [now] pursuing it closer,” he said.LAPD released two sketches earlier this month regarding a key male suspect. He is described to be either Hispanic or East Asian, between 16 and 21 years old with black short hair in a “spiked” style. He is around 5-feet 8-inches tall and weighs between 140-160 pounds.“We think the majority [of the crimes] are committed by one person,” Carlisle said.last_img read more