27A Broadhurst Street, Kelvin GroveA STUNNING five-bedroom home with swimming pool and playground has sold at Kelvin Grove for more than a million dollars.Coronis Kelvin Grove agent Jordan Bain said a young family bought the property at 27A Broadhurst St for $1,435,000 late last month.He said the 974sq m block was particularly appealing to buyers.It hit the market in the new year and sold just weeks later.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019“I think we had 14 groups through (in the first week), the following week we had another 10 or so,” Mr Bain said. 27A Broadhurst Street, Kelvin Grove“I think we had five offers in 10 days.“The majority of the (potential) buyers we got through were young families.”Mr Bain said more and more young families were looking to buy in the area, mostly because of the schools.He said buyers looking in surrounding areas closer to the city would often look in Kelvin Grove as well because it was slightly more affordable.According to the latest CoreLogic market trends data, the median sale price for a house in Kelvin Grove was $765,000 and $428,000 for a unit.
Former Tottenham and England boss Glenn Hoddle is second favourite among bookmakers for the post – behind Sherwood – and confirmed his interest in the job before the match, while Frank de Boer and Louis van Gaal continue to be mentioned as potential appointments. “Whoever takes this job is in a good position,” Sherwood said. “Andre has left the club in a good state, to be honest. There’s nothing wrong with the job he’s done. “If you look at the league table, we’re right up there. We’re also in the European competition next stage. “You can’t knock what he has done at the club, but it is just up to someone now to take it on and hopefully take it onto the next step.” If Sherwood ends up only being at the helm for a short period, whoever comes in will be thanking him for rejuvenating Adebayor. Having been cast aside by Villas-Boas, the Togo striker has scored three goals in two starts under the interim manager and was superb throughout at St Mary’s. “Listen, we all know Adebayor, we all know he’s a top player,” Sherwood said. “He doesn’t need any motivating to go and play now because he’s not played for a long time. He’s a top player and is certainly warranting his place in the team at the moment. “I’ve not said anything to him. Nothing. It’s down to him. “I’ve not had to gee him up. All I’ve said is: ‘There you go Ade, you are going to play and I want you to attack. I want the defenders to defend and the midfielders to play in midfield. Go out there, crack on and do what you do.’ It’s a simple game. “That’s how I’ve always viewed it; it’s about getting the ball to your top players in the right areas of the field. That’s what the players did with us.” The victory stops the rot at Spurs, but continues Southampton’s frustrating recent form. Saints, who took the lead through Adam Lallana and made it 2-2 through Rickie Lambert, have now gone six matches with a win – hardly the best preparation for trips to Cardiff and Everton. “It was very frustrating, we are very angry about the result,” said manager Mauricio Pochettino, who has been linked with the vacant Spurs post. “We actually dressed up as Santa Claus today and gifted them so many goals and so many chances. “We started off quite well in the first half, we got the 1-0 and we were very close to getting the 2-0 but then when we conceded the equaliser it was very hard to get back in the game, especially in the second half it was very tough.” The Portuguese was sacked less than 24 hours after last weekend’s 5-0 humiliation at the hands of Liverpool, with head of football development Sherwood handed temporary control. Sherwood’s first match at the helm resulted in a Capital One Cup exit to West Ham, but on Sunday he oversaw his first victory with an attack-minded display at Southampton. Tim Sherwood is hoping for talks with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy on Monday to find out whether he will stay on as Andre Villas-Boas’ successor. Emmanuel Adebayor netted either side of a Jos Hooiveld own goal as Spurs ran out 3-2 victors, resulting in bookmakers immediately shortening odds on the former midfielder being handed the reins on a permanent basis. The win will certainly not do those chances any harm and Sherwood hopes to take control of the Boxing Day clash with West Brom with a clearer idea on his future. Asked what happens next for him, Sherwood said: “Ideal for me is to have a chat with the chairman and see what’s best for the football club moving forward. “I need to know what they’re thinking moving forwards. I don’t want this job for five minutes. That’s no interest to me. “It is either are we going to move it forward or not? That’s where we are. “There are some great candidates out there for this job. It’s a massive club with history and tradition. “It is fantastic, a great honour to represent them, but it needs to be right for me and, first and foremost, right for the football club. “I need to talk to the chairman and see what he’s got planned. I’ll see him tomorrow because I’m in at the training ground. I’m sure it won’t be before that.” Press Association
“It’s a slightly inadequate trip, but he’ll be fit and well. It’s his first run, so we’ll see how we go. “Then it will be on to the Lexus, Irish Hennessy, the Gold Cup, that kind of plan at the moment. “He’ll be as fit as I can get him. It’s a Grade One, so it’s probably going to be a hard race. They need to be fit in order to take those races. “It’s 22 days to the Lexus after that, so you need to be fit going there. “It’s December 7, so hopefully the ground will be softish and safe. That’s the main thing.” Jim Culloty promises to have Lord Windermere as fit as possible for his seasonal reappearance in the John Durkan Memorial Chase at Punchestown on December 7. The Mallow trainer wants his Cheltenham Gold Cup winner to be in reasonable shape for his first run of the winter, with the intention then being to head for the Lexus Chase at Leopardstown three weeks later. “I’m very happy with him and the John Durkan is the plan,” Culloty told At The Races. Press Association
By Mitch PhillipsLONDON, England (Reuters) – David Bedford, the former director of the London Marathon, said yesterday he was “surprised and disappointed” that IAAF president Sebastian Coe had not read an email he sent warning of the Russian doping scandal.Bedford, a former 10 000m world record holder, told a British Parliamentary Committee that he thought it strange that Coe would have instead forwarded the 2014 mail and unread attachments directly to the IAAF’s Ethics Commission.“I didn’t ask him to do that. And I guess, like you, I find it strange that he did that,” Bedford, 67, told the hearing into combating doping in sport.“When I heard that he hadn’t opened them (the email’s attachments), it’s fair to say I was very surprised and quite disappointed.”Bedford, however, declined to say whether he believed Coe’s claim, which he told the same Committee in December 2015.“I don’t think it matters if I believe him or not,” he said after being pressed on the issue several times. “I was surprised that he said that and that goes some way to answering that question.”Bedford, one of the greats of British distance running and one of the driving forces behind the London Marathon since its inception in 1981, sent Coe details of how Russian marathon runner Liliya Shobukhova had sent hundreds of thousands of dollars to the IAAF to cover up positive doping tests.Coe, an IAAF vice-president at the time, says he sent the mails to the Ethics Commission without opening the attachments.After yesterday’s hearing, the Culture, Media and Sport Committee announced that it had recalled Coe to appear before the end of the month.“David Bedford gave very measured evidence but it raised clear and important questions over the timing and extent of Lord Coe’s knowledge of these allegations, and what action he took about them, especially in light of the evidence he gave to us in December 2015,” Damian Collins, Chair of the Committee, said.The IAAF responded to yesterday’s hearing by saying the evidence offered nothing new to the inquiry.“All information including the emails central to their questioning today were sent to their committee chair in June 2016 and acknowledged. Based upon this Coe has no further information he can provide to the inquiry,” the IAAF said in a statement that included a copy of Coe’s email forwarding Bedford’s to the Ethics Committee.“As we have previously confirmed, Coe’s number one priority was to ensure that the right people in the right place were aware of any allegations and were investigating them. This was confirmed when his office forwarded the emails to the man Coe trusted the most, Michael Beloff, the chair of the-then recently established IAAF Ethics Commission.”