Afghan correspondent for Radio Free Europe brutally attacked in Moscow

first_img to go further May 27, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information News May 28, 2021 Find out more Organisation News BelarusEurope – Central Asia “We welcome opening of criminal investigation in Lithuania in response to our complaint against Lukashenko” RSF says RSF at the Belarusian border: “The terrorist is the one who jails journalists and intimidates the public” Russian media boss drops the pretence and defends Belarus crackdown center_img Russian versionFarid Omar, correspondent for the Afghan service of the American Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE) in Moscow was left in a critical condition after being stabbed at the entrance to his apartment block on 2 July 2004.Reporters Without Borders, which is deeply concerned about this second attack against an RFE journalist in the Russian capital, called on interior minister Rashid Nurgaliev to ensure that a possible link with his profession was not ruled out of the investigation. His attackers did not take the money that he had on him.Omar had been reporting on clan rivalries in Afghanistan and within the diaspora as well as political events in Russia. The journalist highlighted the lack of democratic progress in Russia. He was critical of the Russian government’s attitude towards civil society and the independent press.Close colleague Amin Matin said there were two likely scenarios. One that it had been a racist attack and the other that it was in reprisal for the journalist’s critical stance towards the Russian authorities.On 30 April 2004, Mukhamed Berdiev, correspondent in Moscow for the Turkmen service of the same station was beaten up by thugs at his home. He was found three days later with injuries to his head, eyes and ribs. Russian version News June 2, 2021 Find out more July 8, 2004 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Afghan correspondent for Radio Free Europe brutally attacked in Moscow Receive email alerts RSF_en BelarusEurope – Central Asia News Follow the news on Belaruslast_img read more

Gun show

first_img Pinterest Facebook Twitter WhatsApp By admin – March 23, 2018 Local News WhatsApp Facebookcenter_img Pinterest David Morin, 37, of Andrews Twitter Gun show Permian Basin Gun ShowThe Original Permian Basin Gun Show has been scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Ector County Coliseum, Building G, 4201 Andrews Highway.There will be books, knives, ammunition, reloading supplies, blow guns, coins and supplies, pistol grips, army surplus and a complete line of gun accessories.Admission is $6 for adults and $1 for kids ages 5-12 (cash only). Kids under age 4 get in free. Previous articleVolunteers neededNext articleTEXAS VIEW: Hawking leaves behind the question of a lifetime adminlast_img read more